International Movers – Servicing Maryland & Virginia
Are you embarking on an exciting new chapter in your life? Moving overseas is something to look forward to with anticipation and trepidation—anticipation because of the promises that life in a new country holds, and trepidation because of the hassles involved in moving to a new country including packing and shipping of your belongings and settling in.
Finding the right professional International Movers MD can resolve almost half of the problems you will encounter when moving overseas. Thus, being able to get a well-trusted international moving service will transition from your home country to your new country a success.
There are many factors you should consider when moving to another country. Listed below are the most but significant information you must know to lessen problems you might meet along the way and make moving overseas a less daunting task and enjoyable experience.
- I can overemphasize the importance of finding the best International Moving Company MD VA. Once you have found one, give them a visit and ask them everything you want to know about their services while also referring your need for them. Often, a visit to your house is in line so they can have an assessment of the things you want to be shipped so they can give you a quote. If you are amenable to the amount, then seal a deal with them. Remember, this will be the company with whom you will entrust your personal possessions until you arrive in your new country.
- Keep in constant communication with the moving company. Most well-established ones have a relocation counselor who will be designated to help you with all the nitty-gritty details involved in the moving process, and surveying, packing, documentation, insurance, move dates, destinations services, etc.
- The more people who will know that you are moving abroad, the better. Your first stop should be a lawyer so you can execute a Power of Attorney to designate a person who will act on your behalf. Other legal documents you must give utmost attention to include an up-to-date will, insurance policies, and copies of all legal documents you are taking with you.
- In terms of your financial affairs, give your bank a visit and discuss your impending relocation. It is also a sound move to open a bank account with an international bank that has a local branch in your area.
- If you are planning to buy an automobile and buy a homeowner’s insurance coverage in your new country, you need to have an Insurance Agent’s Letter of Recommendation from your home country.
- Get the services of a travel agent who will handle your travel arrangements, to save you time and hassles concerning booking and reservations.
- Go to the website of the United States Postal Service and change your address so they can forward your mail including magazine and book subscriptions to your new address if possible. Be sure to notify the Internal Revenue System (IRS) of your new address especially if you are expecting a tax refund.
- Visit your physician and dentist and ask for recommendations of their colleagues in your country of destination.
- In order to avoid any problems with your prescription medications, be sure to carry only enough quantity to cover the travel time. Keep these medicines in their original containers and don’t forget to bring copies of prescriptions from your doctor.
- The embassy of your new country is a good source of information pertaining to visas and your embassy will help you get in touch with the expatriate families who will help make your adjustment period to your new country a success.
There are indeed many issues that you should give utmost attention when you are moving overseas. Many agencies including your international moving company are great fountains of information to help you move overseas in an organized and planned manner.
For immediate assistance…
Call 800.715.8302 today to speak with a Relocation Expert right now! You can also request a Free Moving Estimate online right now.
Moving can be a very stressful event when you don’t plan ahead, so don’t waste more time and get started planning your move