Washington DC Moving 101
When it comes to Virginia Movers, there are a lot of VA moving companies from which to choose. On the one hand, this wide range of choices can be freeing, but on the other hand it can be confusing, stressful, or downright disturbing to sort out the bad movers from the good. If you’re looking for VA movers to handle your upcoming local, long-distance, or international move then you’ve got your work cut out for you. Choosing the right moving company can be the difference between saving thousands of dollars, or losing thousands of dollars (not to mention the stress and aggravation that comes along with that). Choosing a moving company is not always cut and dry process, but with a little bit of preparation and background on the moving industry you can rest assured that your move will be handled by seasoned professionals who will serve you with the utmost care and diligence.
In this article we will describe to you in detail some tips and ideas about how to select the best Virginia Movers, and how to spot some red flags that reveal potentially unethical VA moving companies. If you’re wondering what qualifies us to explain the intricacies of the VA moving industry to you, we’ll give you our credentials at the bottom of this article. In the meantime, you can rest assured that we have extensive industry experience in the VA, MD, and DC moving industries, and we have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly when it comes to Beltway movers. We’ve long ago decided to use our knowledge for good, in order to save unsuspecting customers the hassles and pains of selecting the wrong VA movers for the job.
Choosing Virginia Movers
There are many ways to judge VA moving companies, and we’ll do our best to show you how to sift through the possibilities as quickly and efficiently as possible. Life in the DC Metro Area is very hectic, so when you add to that all the additional stress that comes with making a move, it’s understandable why some people get overwhelmed and choose a mover blindly. The problem with that approach is that if you don’t do your due diligence with VA movers, you can get a severely painful reality check as we have seen so many times in the past.
Luckily there are easy ways to determine the quality of VA moving companies that can save you bundles of money and save you a lot of time and frustration. Let’s examine five easy steps to measure the quality of VA movers:
- How do they rank with the BBB – If you skip this step, you may be in for a world of trouble. Checking a moving company’s BBB record is one of the most important things you can do before hiring a Virginia mover. VA moving companies are notorious for implementing unethical bait-and-switch practices that result in an inflated final price. Checking the company’s BBB record can be an excellent indication of any wrong-doing and unethical practices on the part of the VA movers’ staff or ownership. Even if the moving company is not a member of the BBB, they can still have a record of complaints, so don’t forget to check them out!
- Does the mover’s web site contain high quality information? – If you’re wondering what the mover’s web site has to do with their service, here are a couple of reasons why you should check out VA moving companies’ web sites before hiring them to perform your move. Healthy moving companies who charge fair market rates and are above board in all their business practices with clients, vendors, and the general public generally invest a lot of money in their online educational materials for clients. They don’t need to use bait-and-switch tactics, because they have a healthy cash flow, and plenty of happy return customers who are filling up their operations calendar with quality jobs. Often, these successful Virginia movers also have government, military, and corporate contracts that keep their bottom lines balanced even during lean seasons. Movers without a budget for online marketing usually don’t care to educate their clients, because their whole mission is to trick the customer into doing business with them, and then jack up the price. They have static web sites that are rarely updated and only serve as a “front” for an under-handed moving business. A quality web site that is rich in content and constantly growing and evolving can be a good indication that the mover is a credible company.
- How realistic is the mover’s pricing – VA movers who low-ball their prices and estimates and appear to come in at a cheaper price than their credible and professional competitors are generally more expensive when it comes to the final price. They usually don’t take the time to inform the customer how to evaluate the cost of their move, and surprise them with a higher price on the actual moving date. This price can often be double, triple, or quadruple the initial estimate price. They generally shy away from fixed estimate prices, and offer ballpark non-binding quotes. So, make sure to protect yourself by asking many intelligent questions, calling more than one company, and controlling your cost with a fixed estimate.
- How’s the mover’s customer service – If the VA moving companies that you’re dealing with are not treating you well over the phone, by email, or in person prior to the move (or if you have a bad feeling about them), then these VA movers are most likely not going to treat you properly during and after your move. Look out for dodgy or shifty answers and try to nail down a fixed estimate price if you can. Although, if you have a bad feeling about a company, you’d do best to look for another.
- Is the company licensed by the DOT – If the moving company you’re dealing with is not licensed by the DOT then you’d better stay away. Ask them for their DOT and ICC-MC number so you can look them up online at SaferWeb, the online informational web site provided by the DOT for licensing and authorization issues.
- If it doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t – Listen to your gut and that nagging voice in the back of your mind telling you whether a VA moving company appears to be legit or not. If you have a bad feeling about a mover, you need to listen to it. If something feels off, it most likely is.
Now that you know a little bit more about how to find quality VA movers, here’s why we think you should keep us in mind as a good choice for a VA moving company for your upcoming move.
Our VA Moving Background
If you’re wondering about our credentials you should follow the first step in the six-step approach we just gave you, and check us out on the BBB. Our staff is comprised of seasoned moving professionals with experience in moving everything from Great Falls mansions to large corporate headquarters in DC. We’ve moved everything from fine art, expensive pianos, priceless antiques, and valuable office equipment. We can do commercial, residential, local, long distance, and international moves. We’re consistent in our quality, and our return business from previous customers is getting bigger and bigger every year.
Come join the ranks of our highly satisfied clients and see for yourself how truly great Virginia Movers can make your move easy, stress-free, and even fun. Don’t waste more time worrying about the logistics of your move. Give us a call today and put your move on auto-pilot, so you can focus on the more important things you need to handle, such as your job, your family, and whatever other arrangements you need to make prior to your relocation. Call us today, and put your mind at ease (800) 715-8302.
For immediate assistance…
Call 800.715.8302 today to speak with a Relocation Expert right now! You can also request a Free Moving Estimate online right now.
Moving can be a very stressful event when you don’t plan ahead, so don’t waste more time and get started planning your move